Friday, June 20, 2008

The ABC of life..

Gtalk-signing in..
friend buzzes-got ur CG card??
me-no,u?
friend-yes,today itself
s**t,it means i'll get it in some days too...the world of A's B's n C's(no D's so far thankfully)came rushing back to me.the arrival of CG cards is sort of an anti-climax!!All the hyper-animated discussions about av plusses n minusses,the prolonged and never ending guessing games as to where the instructor would draw the vertical line in the histogram that will divide the world into have's n have nots-and in the end they just scribble the letters in a piece of paper and send it to our homes-little dull after all the hooplah if u ask me.

Anyways,that conversation brought back that set of 4 unanswered questions to my mind which i had been trying to supress for over a month.would i have scraped a B in DCN?had i screwed my MUP compree bad enough for a C or will i escape with a respectable B?god knows if the rumours about POM were true!!will the MT instructor show mercy n give A to loads of people,including me!!(i am telling u being a marginal case is worse than anything else)these doubts hijacked my mind completely.the anxiety kept surmounting!
then i started the interrogations,as usual! so av+19 is B,are u sure or have u just heard them as rumours,what do u mean by sac grading,tell me the exact numbers!!this went on for quite some time but failed to quash my apprehensions.
the matter was duly settled by my mom over the phone! 3 of those 4 doubts had been ruled in my favour.not bad i thought!! only POM had screwed me.the endless ghotting before the night of exam went to waste(now some people might say knowledge never goes to waste but the reality is that all the cramming was for the damn elusive grade-i dont remember a word anymore..)Usually i try to pass on the responsiblity of a missed grade by either ridiculing the course,blaming the instructors or whatever i can think of,but this time the fault was wholly and solely mine.very stupidly,i had presumed that my marks were good enough for the desired grade and i didn't bother to submit the re-check when there was visible scope for marks improvement.A harsh lesson for me,but a necessary one nevertheless.My tendency to assume things and leave them to chance had cost me finally.
enough for now ,i'll go back to conjuring fairy tales in my PS diary.take a look at it!!

Official version-i did a SWOT analysis of the fertlizer industry of india.i calculated the financial ratios of fertilizer stocks and analysed them.i researched on the past trends and future growth opprtunities in the agrochemical industry.

pretty productive day-u'd think!!

Actual version-chatted with aneesh,shoaib,cheema,abhishek,tazz,nishith etc.etc.Tried to download a few coldplay songs unsuccessfully.flipped through people's blogs,profiles,albums.

A not so productive day after all..

No comments: