Wednesday, June 25, 2008

hungry kya???

Have u ever been so hungry that u felt like u could devour anything or anybody for that matter!!
if u have u'll be able to empathize with what happened to me today.
so it was 1 p.m when i get a call from my inner self "Man,get me some food!"
nd i'm like "dude,chill! its only 1pm".
"what do u expect after a meager breakfast,now c'mon get moving." his tantrums start as usual..i pretend to ignore him but 15 mins later he makes such noises i just can't ignore..so i hop my way through the busy bangalore traffic and the monster inside me clearly gives signals sayin that i had breached his limits of patience. i assure him in return that its just a matter of minutes..how wrong i was...

The rush at the fast food centre was comparable to the ones u usually find at metro stations..does everyone feel hungry at the same time as me!!
frustrated i join the queue,and as the man before me contemplates on whether to have masala or onion dosa my hands want nothing but to slap him hard(but of course i dont..)
As i order a plate of noodles,i realise i have just crossed the first hurdle.The person at the delivery counter turns out to be as dumb as one could possibly get.As i repeat my order,he murmurs something back in the local language.Now what is the matter here,doesnt my appearance say that i understand as much kannada as the dog wagging his tail outside,even lesser probably..
If my appearance doesnt my vacant expression should have definitely told him,but no he goes on mumbling.
Helpless,i try saying "noodles..jaldi..fast..",but to no avail. He turns his back on me.Something about the ambience tells me its going to ba a long and hard wait.
Then the omnipresent inner voice screames again"dude,i've sent the juices n hormones for work wts up with u??"
I try pleading for mercy but as my stomach churns i realise its too late..the juices n stuff geared up for digestion start to party at the expense of my empty stomach when they find its a holiday at work.They call more of their fellow bretheren to join in and i feel life sapping from my arms n legs..the frustration mounts when i find that the workers,indifferent to my suffering have just started washing the damn vegetables.
To make matters worse,i find people around me merrily enjoying their lunch..while i stand there feeling like shattering the plates and putting the damn worker's head through the burning oven.
my restlessness takes such proportions that it makes people around throw awkward glances at me..screw them all..what do they know..they have plates of fried rice n chapatis for company..
After about half an hour that felt like an eternity..i think to myself..i can't take this anymore.
I find the manager and express my displeasure at him..not in the politest of ways i must admit.
But his intervention saves me just like dumbledore's intervention at the end of the order of the phoenix did!!(when the order was succumbing to the death eaters remember,well surely u will if u hv read it,u've missed something if u hvnt).Anyways God bless the manager(nd dumbledore too)..
So i pounce upon the plate and in a few minutes(or was it seconds) i'm through...mission accomplished..i pour in a glass of water and give out a explosion like burping sound(yes i'm state level champion at that).
Rejuvenated i mock at my inner self "party over boys..get to work".and as my senses return back to me everything around changes..the demons turn into angels..the world is such a happier place.. i wonder why people keep complaining and whining all the time..

2 comments:

Bihari Potter said...

I still remember the legendary burps..Are you still as good at them as you once were??

arup said...

Of course i am,old habits die hard,i guess!!